Statement of Faith
Providence Church is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America.
True to the Scriptures, the Reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
WHAT IS PROVIDENCE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH?
Providence Church is committed to know, love and serve God by:
- Believing in Jesus Christ as the eternal Son of God, the Lord of all creation and the only Savior for sinners.
- Accepting and believing the Bible as God's Word without any errors in the original manuscripts, and as the only infallible authority for what we believe and how we live.
- Living our lives in a way pleasing to God.
- Enthusiastically dedicating ourselves to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ: "Go, make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20).
Providence Church is committed to love and serve the community of Robinson Township and surrounding areas by:
- Welcoming and respecting every person whom God sends to our church without regard to their past.
- Worshiping in a way in which God is honored and people are encouraged.
- Gathering to study God's Word in-depth, integrating all it teaches into our lives.
- Developing and nurturing close Christian friendships for ourselves and our children.
- Providing meaningful opportunities for our children to grow in knowledge and love of God and neighbor.
- Being involved in meaningful service to one another and to our community.
- Reaching out to others with the life-changing love of Jesus Christ.
A SUMMARY OF OUR BELIEFS
- The Bible is God's very word to mankind. Since it was inspired by Him, it is without error in all that it teaches, and it is the final authority for all we believe and all we do.
- There is only one God. He exists eternally as three persons-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- All mankind participated in Adam's fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, are born again, come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, become children of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith alone in Christ alone, and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God's salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian's soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever's soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign of God's covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy as well as to unbaptized adults who come to trust in Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, to consummate history and inaugurate His eternal Kingdom.
- The Gospel of God's salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
Denomination Web Site
Westminster Confession of Faith
Westminster Shorter Catechism
Westminster Larger Catechism